Thursday, July 31, 2014

One of those lies we tell ourselves

I'll stop if it hurts.

How many times have you said that before a run?

Just a few days after Jan posted about runners and our lack of intelligence sometimes, I found myself making a questionable call.

Right before my run today, I tweaked my ankle. I don't even really know what happened. I was moving from standing to sitting on the floor, and somewhere in the middle of that motion, something really painful happened. Really painful.

I gave it a few minutes, moved it around, hopped on it, and decided - I'll stop if it hurts.

Which of course is a lie. Something has to really, seriously hurt for me to stop once I'm running.

Luckily, it didn't hurt and I was able to knock out my tempo run for the day. I did a warm up, 4 miles @ 9:14 and a cool down for a total of 6 miles.

After my run, Buddy and I went and hung out in the yard for a bit. I can't wait until we have a yard that I can set him loose in.


Work was only slightly better than yesterday (nap time is still terrible), but at least I got to leave almost on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...