Sunday, July 6, 2014

My treadmill max and a plan

I was a little slow to get moving this morning. All that sleeping in is really making me lazy.

I did a little cleaning around the house. I really need to go through my clothes one of these days and get rid of some. Some of them don't fit anymore and some I just don't wear. I just got rid of so much stuff last year before the road trip/move, but I somehow have plenty I could part with again.

I had a long run on the schedule for the day. 11 miles on the treadmill. I think 11 is my max on the treadmill. The last mile or two is always brutal, mostly mentally. I decided that I am going to have to get organized and start planning my long runs for the morning on the weekends so I can do them outside before it gets too hot out. That seems reasonable, right?

Post-run snack of strawberries and banana Nesquik.


Buddy and I spent a little time out in the yard just sitting in the grass and enjoying the sunshine.


It cracks me up how he kicks one leg out when he lays down like this.


The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent cooking dinner, washing dishes, doing laundry, and getting ready for the week. 

No matter how many days the weekend is, it always goes too quickly!

2 comments:

  1. 11 miles is a VERY impressive TM distance!! I can't remember my farthest...9 or 10 I think, and the only reason I could tolerate it was I was obsessed w/ Mad Men on Netflix and I binge-watched 2 episodes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is the best for TM running! Plus I reserve certain shows for when I'm running, so if I want to watch I have to get moving! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...