Sunday, July 13, 2014

Long Trail Run

The plan was less successful this morning. It still worked out, but I didn't get moving as early as I had hoped.

I was up at 7 and didn't drag myself to the trail until 9.


I had new headphones, new shorts (that are a decent length for me to want go out in public), and a new fuel belt for my run today so it took a little adjusting (mostly the fuel belt) before I was good to go.

I started out on some of the trails that I know from running with the group, and then I headed out toward the ridge trail, which was mostly uphill forever.

But it had a nice view:


It was overcast, but humid. There was just a tiny bit of sweating going on.


And then I got a little lost. Not really lost, since I was on trails, but I couldn't find the trail that would take me down from the ridge.


I went out one trail that started out fine, and then suddenly looked completely abandoned. I went out for a bit and then turned back when I got tired of doing high knees through the grass.

A bit later, I came around a corner and realized that I had definitely run back around the same loop I had just run, and it was a big loop!


I wound up doing 12.2 miles in 2:16:41, which is a little slower than I planned, but it was super hilly so I don't feel too bad.


My last mile was actually the fastest, probably because I was back on the trails I usually run and knew I was close to the car.

I was all over the place, as you can see! The very bottom is the trail I backtracked on.


And you can see my repeat loop in the middle here:


In my defense, the trails aren't marked in this area. That and I have almost no sense of direction. Whatever.

I was pretty excited to find this granola bar in my purse. For all my careful planning, I hadn't thought about a post-run snack.


The rest of my day has been the usual Sunday activities of laundry, dishes and grocery shopping. I'm also making a berry cobbler because I want it. So there. :)

I hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...