Saturday, July 19, 2014

Coffee and the Wonder Mutt

For some reason, I couldn't get to sleep last night, and then I woke up before my alarm this morning. I woke up tired and almost did a really good job of talking myself out of going to meet up with my running group.

I reminded myself that I always feel better after a run, and that I would have a much better (and happier) day if I went.

Maybe I need this tank to remind me.


I was finally convinced by the fact that it was cloudy and almost a little bit cool outside. I figured it was probably the coolest morning I was going to get until September. There was even a nice breeze!

And then I was almost late. I was excited because I was feeling pretty good and didn't lag behind my usual group (the "slow group"). In fact, for part of the time, I was in front! I know I have said it before, but running with the group really makes me run faster.

We did our usual 6.5 miles (according to my Garmin, the group says it is 7 miles) in just over an hour.

When I got home, I grabbed some coffee and the Wonder Mutt and headed to the dog park.


He loves the car.


And when we got home, his Kong was taken out of time out. He was pretty happy to have it back.


And pretty tired from the dog park.


I got one of my favorite treats in the mail today - my RunnerBox!



I'll let you know what I think when I try my goodies! I also love that they included a microfiber towel for sweaty summer runs - I'll get some good use out of that.


I hope you're having a good weekend so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...