Saturday, August 2, 2014

That's how you know you're a runner

Yesterday was free of entertaining things to tell you about. I was at work from 7-6:15. It was long. We had pizza for dinner, it was delicious.

I did manage to put up a new bulletin board.


I am incapable of taking a level picture.

I also set up our new sensory bin. I really want to add some more things to it, but I'm not sure what yet. Our theme this month is the circus!


This morning I was up bright and early to meet up with the group. It was raining, which apparently scared some people off, because there were only 8 of us today. The weather was actually pretty nice for running, we are in the trees a lot, so there was just the right amount of rain to keep us cool.

We did our usual 6.51 miles in 1:02:59.

We talked a little about cross training today, and I mentioned that I'm really bad about cross training, because I get the "I could be running right now" feeling. They laughed and said, "That's how you know you're a runner."

I tried this protein brownie from my RunnerBox when I got home.


Flavor-wise, it was a good chocolate flavor with less of a peanut butter taste than the name implies. Texture-wise, it was very much a protein bar. Nothing I would go out of my way to find again, but pretty good overall.

We don't have anything planned for the rest of the day, just the way I like it! :)

4 comments:

  1. That is a long day at work! I wish I got to make bulletin boards but I taught older kids! Great run with the group. Rain never scares me off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I prefer a little rain to the heat! It helps keep me cool :)

      Delete
  2. Love the bulletin board! :) I feel the same way about cross training. Such a waste of time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Cute bulletin boards are fun when I have the time to make them! :)

      As much as I know I should cross train, I would just rather be running!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...