Thursday, July 3, 2014

You're faster than you think you are

The kids always manage to make short days feel extra long. Maybe they can sense the excitement the teachers are feeling anticipating the long weekend. There were also more of them there than we were planning on, so that was disappointing.

We made it through and I headed home to start my long weekend. Mostly that involved playing games on my phone and eating ice cream.

I had speed work on the schedule for the day, so I was doing my best to delay it for a bit.

I finally made my way to the basement, popped in The Boondock Saints, and started my warm up. My run today was supposed to be a tempo run of 4 miles at 9:29 per mile, plus warm up and cool down.

Right before my run I was talking to Tom and whining about speed work. He told me "You're faster than you think you are." I used that thought to push myself a little harder.

I ended up running 1  mile warm up, 2 miles at 9:14, 2 miles at 9:05, and a 1 mile cool down.

(My hair now needs braids, two headbands, and extra clips to not drive me insane. It might get cut soon.)


Buddy is a goofball.


A really cute goofball.


He wasn't too excited about stretching today. He didn't climb into my lap once!


While I was running my phone went off twice for emergency flash flood warnings. I didn't really think much about it (I've gotten them before and it was nothing) until I turned the movie off and heard the serious rain and thunder.

The trees in this picture are not blurry because there was fog, that's rain.


The rain pretty much hasn't stopped for the last few hours. I guess I don't have to worry about watering my tomato plant!

Now it's time to relax and be happy about the fact that I don't have an alarm set for the morning!




4 comments:

  1. Your braids look cute! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about short days & the kids driving you nuts. Our half days always seem like triple days. And then the ones where we have meetings after--shoot me now! LOL

    Love your braids! I have become increasingly more intolerant of my hair, too. I hate it touching me ANYWHERE and I can't stand if it moves!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meetings and I are not friends. They drive me absolutely insane!

      I'm glad the hair thing isn't just me! :)

      Hope you had a great 4th!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...