Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Big 3-0

Today is my birthday! I think I'm supposed to be upset, because it's my 30th, but I feel pretty much the same as I ever have, so I'm not too worried about it. :)

Tom made a really good apple pancake/custard/french toast type thing for breakfast - we aren't quite sure what to call it!



One of my (now former) co-workers sent me a video of all my kiddos shouting "happy birthday!" - it was really cute. :)

Even Google was on board with wishing me a happy birthday.


Tom got me an Athleta gift certificate (to feed my workout clothes addiction) and a BOSU ball because I have been talking about wanting one. :)


I asked my Grandma for an Oregon State tee shirt so I can properly support the Beavers from the East coast.


I took my time heading out the door this afternoon, but then I had a really nice run.

The park was a little crowded.


It ended up being perfectly timed, because it just started to sprinkle as I was finishing up. By the time I pulled out of the parking lot, it was full-on raining.


I realized today that I really need to stop thinking of myself as a 10 minute miler. Most of my runs these days are much faster. I'm just so used to telling people that I'm not very fast, I need to get over that mental block.

It has been a pretty fantastic day so far! Now, excuse me while I go peruse the Athleta website...

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday girl! Hope you found something great at Athleta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I found a few things at Athleta and still have some money on my gift card for later!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great day, very relaxing! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Your pancake/custard looks great. What a great way to start the day.

    Linda @ www.thefitty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The pancake thing was delicious! We will definitely be making it again.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday!!! Sounds like you're having a great day. You are getting so fast...what do you attribute to getting so much faster? The group runs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun day! :)

      The group runs have definitely helped me push myself, and actually doing speedwork seems to make a difference. Go figure. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...