Wednesday, October 29, 2014

New treadmill spot

I spent the morning on the phone, not one of my favorite things. It took calls to three dentists and two calls to my insurance company, but I finally got an appointment to get my chipped tooth looked at. One dentist didn't have any openings until February! Ridiculous.

It's been a long time since I went to the dentist, so I'm not looking forward to it.

We moved my treadmill to the unfinished part of the basement to make the theater room look bigger/cleaner when people come to look at the house. Fortunately, we had an extra tv laying around, so Tom built a shelf and set it up for me this morning. This way I still have Netflix. The treadmill with no entertainment would be a lot less pleasant.


I am so spoiled.

It was such a good run today, too! 5 miles at a nice pace (8:55/mi average) and feeling awesome. Other than when I'm doing planned speedwork, I almost always end up doing progression runs on the treadmill. I start off fairly slow to warm up and gradually bump up the speed as I go along. It keeps me entertained, and it also keeps me from zoning out and falling off the back (this hasn't happened yet, but there have been some close calls).

We have been trying to eat less junk food lately (mostly Tom, pesky good influence). We are usually pretty good, but may have acquired some excessive ice cream and cookie habits recently. :)

We had this fancy spread for dinner last night (and lunch today):


Broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, carrots, cheese, sausages, tzatziki, hummus, and sriracha to make the hummus extra tasty. Snack-a-thon!

If you ever need doggie snuggles you just need to come sit on my floor. Buddy will help you out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...