Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Last Day of Work

I was almost late for my last day of work today. My alarm went off, and rather than hitting snooze, I turned it off. Fortunately, I woke up about ten minutes later with that "I slept through my alarm" panic. Quickest way to wake up.


We had all 12 kiddos today, so we were pretty busy. I managed to visit with most of the other teachers a bit during the day and got to enjoy a ridiculous amount of sweets. There were doughnut holes, brownie bites, and best of all, a strawberry and Nutella crepe. With sprinkles. And whipped cream.

There was a letter B in Nutella in the sprinkles - naturally I didn't take a picture until I had already eaten some.


As a nice sendoff, all the munchkins even napped for me today!

This came on Pandora during nap time.


I was supposed to get off work when we dropped down to ratio (7 kids), but as was the norm at this job, I didn't get to leave until later than planned. Right when I was about to head out, we had a sick kiddo, so between that and talking with parents, I didn't end up leaving until almost 6:30. It seemed fitting somehow to end my time there cleaning vomit up off the floor an hour after I was supposed to be off.

But now I'm done!

Tom made pulled pork tacos with honey mustard Brussels sprout slaw for dinner. It sounds a little weird when I type that out, but it was really good!


I'm really excited to not wake up at 5:30 tomorrow.

This guy probably won't mind sleeping in either. :)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your temporary retirement! Now you can do all your runs in the day and lounge at night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really looking forward to not feeling like I have to choose between sleep and running!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...