Monday, October 27, 2014

There's no pleasing me

I know I'm not terribly flexible. All running and no stretching will do that to a person. But I was a little surprised to find that a half hour of yoga made my half marathon killing leg muscles shake.

Turns out running fitness doesn't carry over to yoga.

I found some yoga workouts on Runners World that actually seem pretty basic. Most of the time I have tried yoga, it starts out easy and then suddenly the instructor is bent into some kind of impossible pretzel shape and I don't want to play anymore.

My new weekly workout plan has 3 days of either strength work or yoga, so I'm interested to see how I will feel with cross training in the mix. I hear it's good for you ;)

The guys and I went to the park this afternoon. Tom and Buddy walked around while I ran. I alternated between feeling awesome and wanting to stop. I'm not back to where I was before the race, and it's frustrating. I've been here before though, so I know I just need to suck it up, get my miles in, and I'll be feeling stronger soon.

Tell me I'm not the only one who instantly plugs my Garmin in to pick apart my run when I get home.


I have been trying to decide if I want to cut my hair. It's been driving me insane lately. My usual pattern is to let it get really long and then I get it chopped off to about my chin. And then I love it. For a day or two. And then I want it long again. 

There's no pleasing me.


I couldn't find Buddy earlier.

He was following the sun and found a spot in the bedroom.


Crazy, sun-obsessed dog.


4 comments:

  1. Your hair is the most perfect color ever. I love it! People would pay a lot for that color. I like it long but I bet you'd look great w/ it short as well. Is that helpful? LOL

    I wish you could come to our yoga class. The teacher is SO good and she doesn't do anything difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I really go back and forth about the length of my hair. I used to dye it all the time, but I haven't for a while now.

      Your yoga class sounds perfect. I would definitely try it out!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the buddy pictures! I've traded in my yoga for a video called Fat burning Cardio and it works with those stretch bands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the stretch bands, and I love how many different videos there are online. Endless options :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...