Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 2 of #RunWithKara

We were up bright and early to go check out a house this morning.

I took a couple of pictures of the outside, but my phone apparently decided that I didn't need those anymore, because I can't find them anywhere. I was too distracted by the maze-like layout, low ceilings and slanted floors to take pictures of the inside.

Not a contender. Which is a bummer, because the location was good and the outside looked really cute.

After that disappointing house, we went back for another look at one of the houses that we've checked out a couple of times.


Tom did some exploring in the yard and discovered grape vines absolutely everywhere. Apparently, the owners used to make wine in the garage.


We really like that house (obviously, since we keep going back to look at it). It needs some work, and a kitchen, but it's a definite possibility.

I got another run in toward my marathon challenge. It was later in the day than I usually do a run outside, but since treadmill miles don't count, I headed for the trails.


It was chilly out and I actually started out with an extra layer on, but by the time I hit mile 3 I had to lose it. I can't even remember the last time I tied a sweatshirt around my waist. Fortunately, it was lightweight so it didn't bug me too much.


I'm up to 13.1 miles - halfway through the challenge and halfway through the miles!

Tom has been cooking up a storm lately, which is awesome.

Last night we had chicken, butternut squash (with bacon crumbled in), and roasted cabbage. We ate an obscene amount of squash and I ate it too quickly to take a picture.

The other night it was shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash and kale.


And this chocolate mug cake made with almond flour - which we covered in cookie butter. That's healthy, right?


Tonight is sweet potatoes, cod, and asparagus.


Excuse me while I go eat some more. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck house hunting! It is not a fun process, but it is rewarding in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like going to see all the different houses, it's the selling our current place that's less fun. It will be a lot of fun when the whole process is over. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...