Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I need to sleep more

I really need to get better about going to bed on time. I have been getting less and less sleep lately, and I'm starting to feel it.

Maybe it's a matter of getting more organized or maybe I just need to be better about turning off the computer/tv earlier. All I know is I need to do something, because sleep is essential to me still liking my munchkins and staying healthy enough to run.


For some reason, all the munchkins were really tired today too. We spent a lot of time outside in the morning so they (and we) could have space from each other, and they all took good naps!

Somehow, amidst the chaos, I managed to finish up our Mother's Day gifts so I don't have to think about them for the rest of the week.

I set up our new sensory bin during nap today. We're talking about weather this month, so it's weather themed!


It will obviously never look like this again once they touch it, but it's cute right now.

A little late-afternoon grassy playground action. (We have a grassy and a sandy playground. I hate the sandy one)


I had an easy 3 miles on my training plan for today, so I planned ahead and started part of my dinner before heading to the basement. It worked perfectly! There is still hope that I may get to bed on time tonight!

This is what happens if you leave Cadbury mini-eggs in your car and they get too hot. They still taste good!


A little bit of neighborhood springtime.


And springtime with Buddy.


And now a brief video of Buddy being ridiculous this afternoon.


How many hours of sleep is your ideal?

I try to shoot for around 8, but I've been closer to 7 lately and I'm really feeling the difference!

4 comments:

  1. 7 hours of sleep is perfect for me. 6-8 is okay but more than 8 and I feel like crap and less than 6 makes me sleepy.

    I love seeing all of the creative things you do in your classroom! The sensory bin is perfect for this time of year. I bet they can't wait to get their hands on that and mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let them at the sensory bin today, they fill the cups with the marble "rain" and yell, "here comes the thunder!" and dump the cup back into the bin - hilarious!

      Delete
  2. i love that you ate the eggs :) i'm right there with you sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hate to waste perfectly good, if a little (a lot) melted chocolate! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...