Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My trusty sidekick

Totally crazy day today. We haven't had all 11 kiddos in a while (or at least a couple of weeks) and it definitely felt like a full house.

There were several emotional breakdowns among the toddlers (luckily not the staff), and it takes a lot of energy to calm them down when they get worked up like that.

My new assistant came in today! She's a little quiet, but I think that's mostly because she doesn't know what's going on yet. The kids took a little while to warm up to her, but by the time I left (5:30, boo) they were pretty happy to have her around. I think (hope) it's going to work out.

My running motivation was almost derailed by some random traffic on the way home that made my normal 8 minute commute (yes, I'm spoiled, and I like it that way) almost a half an hour. I never saw any reason for the traffic either.

My training plan only called for 2 easy miles for the day so I took my trusty sidekick out with me.

He was ready to be done at about 1 1/2 miles, but we had to get home somehow, so we kept going.


Tired, but he still seemed pretty happy - check out that tail!


I think it's finally time to put my laundry away that I did this weekend. Or I could just go shower and do it tomorrow...

source
Are you a procrastinator?

Isn't everyone?

1 comment:

  1. yay for the new assistant! i'm sure that she'll warm up to the place. i'm always EXTREMELY shy and quiet when i start a new job. it can be so overwhelming. hope that this means you'll be able to leave early more often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...