Saturday, May 10, 2014

You like running, remember?

I didn't want to get up this morning. I had previously anticipated this when I wrote the label for my alarm.


I was disorganized this morning and forgot my Garmin. I left late, hit every light on the way there, and almost missed the group. I pretty much had time to say hello before we were off.

I turned on my nike+ app and threw my ipod in my zip pocket so I could check my time/mileage at the end since I was without my watch. It was refreshing to not check my pace all the time. We ended up doing 6.26 miles at 9:46 pace.

Aside from the waking up early on a Saturday, I have really been liking my group runs.

There is something really nice about having another pair of shoes pounding the gravel beside you on a run. Even though there are miles where we don't even speak, it's  good to have someone else there for motivation. It somehow makes the miles go by so much faster. Even the hills.

I have a new respect for those of you who train in crazy heat/humidity. It was only in the 60s during our run this morning, but the humidity was somewhere around 97%. It wasn't too bad, but we were all sweating like crazy and I can only imagine how it is going to feel when we get into the summer months.

We had our work picnic today, the sun came out for it, which made it REALLY hot in the yard. Of course, it was cloudy and looked like rain when I left the house, so I didn't have sunscreen on. Luckily a parent had some, so I'm not a crispy lobster right now.

Lots of families came and there were tons of treats and snacks. Certain people (staff) arrived late and left early, leaving the rest of us to set up and put everything away. While I understand not wanting to spend your whole day at work, I wish they realized that they just made more work for the rest of us.

I did make off with some snacks during clean up though.


Don't mind if I do.

Buddy is watching out for the thunderstorms that are supposed to be on their way.


Would you rather run in really hot weather or really cold weather?

I would choose really cold, all the way. I'm not made for the heat, maybe I spent too much of my life in the Pacific Northwest. :)

4 comments:

  1. i too choose really cold every single time. although, my blood is definitely thinning down here in fl, still i prefer the cold :)

    good for you! group run three weeks in a row. i'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed that I've managed to wake up early enough to meet up with the group! :)

      Delete
  2. Cold, always!! At least you can just add layers for cold. Not much you can do about hot! Glad you've found a group to run with. It makes it so much easier to get out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way more motivating, especially when you know they will give you a (good-natured) hard time if you skip out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...