Saturday, May 17, 2014

On a trail

Good morning!

I was up bright and early this morning to meet up with the group. It was absolutely pouring last night, but was beautiful and sunny this morning! The trail wasn't nearly as muddy as I expected it to be either.

My usual "slow" running buddy wasn't there today so the other "slow" girl and I had to work a little harder than usual to keep the group in view so we didn't get lost.

I felt like I was running a race. And according to my Garmin, I ran my fastest 5k today. On a trail.

Speaking of my Garmin, it decided to wait until 2 miles in to start working, so I only have about 40 minutes worth of our nearly hour long run.

This is what the miles it did record looked like:
1. 8:56
2. 9:21
3. 8:22
4. 9:34

ON A TRAIL.

Altogether we ran 6.42 miles in a little under an hour. No wonder I felt like I was working hard!

It feels pretty great to know I can keep that pace up though!


I almost didn't go out this morning because of my knee, but it turned out that it didn't bother me at all!

The bruise is developing quite nicely.


Give it a day or two, it's going to be an awesome color.

I iced my knee when I came home just in case it was going to be mad at me for running.


And had an excellent post-run snack.


Tom and Buddy went walking in the woods this morning while I ran, Buddy was very excited and should be pretty wiped out for the rest of the day.

Oh, and one of the moms from work brought in a bunch of stuff from her work for me and my assistant. Wasn't that sweet?


Free things are fun!

I hope you're having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. ummm, way to kill it on the trails :)

    sounds like you need to increase your tempo run speed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Apparently I suck at pushing myself on my own! Time to adjust my training plan :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...