Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rolling down the window

Oh hey, it's Tuesday!

I wasn't really back to normal until after work yesterday. Now I'm back to eating ALL the snacks and drinking coffee. That's right, I didn't drink coffee on Monday, that's how you know I wasn't feeling well.

We had a really nice Tuesday, even with all 11 kiddos. They somehow managed to play pretty nicely (for them) and we only had a few tantrums. You probably don't want to hear about it, but we're also having some serious potty training success lately - it's pretty exciting!

Most people at work sit in their cars at lunch. We have a staff/break room, but I think we all need a break from the building during the day.


Plus it has been really nice out, so I've been rolling all the windows down (do young kids not know why we call it "rolling" the window down?) and enjoying the fresh air.


I had an easy 2 miler today, which went well at a lazy an easy 10:30 pace. Thursday is my next tempo run, I'm trying to decide how fast I want to take it after my speedy trail run last weekend. My plan wants it to be 9:46 pace, but I ran about a 9:04 on the trails this weekend.

It's that time again, lesson plans are due on Friday. Time for some quality time with this book.


And if you don't want to see how awesome disgusting my bruise on my knee has gotten...you should probably stop reading.



I'll give you a minute.






Pretty, no?

The good/weird thing is that it only hurts if I accidentally kneel on it at work. So that's nice.

Also, how is this weekend Memorial day weekend already?

Are you doing anything fun for the long weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Your knee looks painful.

    I agree, kids today probably have no idea why we say "roll down" the windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the knee doesn't really hurt unless I bump it - it's just impressively large!

      Delete
  2. that knee looks awesome! i love it when pain is visible...otherwise i'm always afraid that people think i'm faking it...

    you definitely should go faster on your tempo! you could check out smartcoach or the mcmillan pace calculator to see what would be a good goal to shoot for...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am morbidly fascinated by my bruises - I'm always checking out the different colors!

      My current plan is with smartcoach, but it's based on my last half marathon time. Thanks for the tip on the mcmillan calculator! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...