Thursday, May 1, 2014

Early day and a tempo run

Hey! It's Thursday, and I'm pretty excited about that fact! Actually I'm really just excited because that means tomorrow is Friday and I pretty much survived the week. I wasn't sure for a little while there.

I am going to have the cutest bulletin board this month. The kids painted these today:


There is an unofficial competition between me and the girls across the hall from me. There's no prize, we just like trying to outdo each other.

I got to leave a little early today. It was kind of awesome, because after yesterday's endless rain, today looked like this:


Buddy and I went on a long walk.  He loves the sunshine.

Then I hit the treadmill (it's just so much easier to do my runs on the treadmill after work). I had a tempo run, so I did a 1 mile warm up, 3 miles at 9:50 pace, and a 1 mile cool down. I was worried I might feel like I was going to die since I took some time off last week, but turns out well-rested legs are sometimes pretty happy. Weird, right?

 And now a series of pictures of Buddy looking pathetic while we were in the basement.




I wasn't good at rationing my broccoli yesterday, so my dinner had a miserably small amount of veggies tonight. It's a dramatic detail about my day that you just had to know.

What's your favorite veggie?

3 comments:

  1. i love that you guys compete for cutest bulletin board! in my mind, i make a competition out of everything :)

    awesome tempo run! i have one scheduled for tomorrow morning (if i can wake up and get moving before the heat/humidity kills me...). i'll have to draw on your inspiration. i'm always terrified of tempos....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got up and moving before the heat this morning! I can't imagine training in your weather - when it gets hot here I'm going to be a treadmill-only girl.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the Buddy pics? Favorite veggie would be Brussel Sprouts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...