Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Art and lesson planning

We made these butterflies at work the other day. We swirled around a bunch of paint, folded them in half and let the kiddos smoosh the paint around.

They turned out pretty cute.


And some kites.


And some pinwheels that don't actually spin because I put them on pipe cleaners (because I already had them in my classroom) rather than spend money on something they will break in 30 seconds when I take them off the wall.


Check out our green beans in the window that are somehow not dead yet.

Friday is sneaking up rather quickly and I (naturally) still haven't made much progress on my lesson plans. Ok, that's not true. I have most of my art project ideas and my circle time books figured out. They're not all written down yet, but I'm counting it.

My lesson plan book has the following headings - Circle time, Story/Language, Music/Movement, Art, Science, and Specials (like cooking, which we do once a month). It's sort of a ridiculous amount of planning for two year olds, but it keeps us busy throughout the month and gives us a little focus for our play.

I have a tempo run tomorrow, I'm looking forward to bumping the speed a bit to really challenge myself.

And then it will be lesson planning madness - again. One day I will get my plans done early. If I keep saying it, it has to happen eventually, right?

Oh, and Buddy says hi!


This is what he looked like after he and Tom went for a walk earlier.


 A tired, but happy pooch.

4 comments:

  1. ok, so i totally want little g to come to your school! i love how much thought and planning you put into everything. there's no way i'll ever be able to entertain him that much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely a lot of planning that goes into our days - pinterest is a great resource, that's where most of my art projects come from :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, such cute projects! You must have so much fun at your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun (most of the time)! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...