Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fingers crossed!

Just when I was getting used to leaving early, it was time for another 7-6 kind of day. Too many people called out, so they took my afternoon assistant for another class.

As much as I didn't want to work that long, I'm glad I was there. 5 of our 9 kiddos didn't nap today. More than half of them didn't nap. These are kids that take at least an hour and a half nap every day. One of them was my best napper, always over two hours, except today. Needless to say, they were a bit of a mess this afternoon, and I can only imagine what they would have done with just my assistants there. At least this way I know the classroom is in one piece.

Tom's next trip is coming up soon (boo!), but this time, it's somewhere I want to go - London! Since I won't have vacation time accrued yet (I'll have about a day an a half by then), I have to write my big boss a pleading, yet professional, letter to get the time off approved. Fingers crossed!

6 comments:

  1. here's hoping that you get approval to go!!! that would be so much fun. the mr. and i have just started dreaming/saving for a trip to london. i'd be so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an unofficial "ok" - I'm planning on double checking tomorrow and buying my ticket after work :)

      Delete
  2. I really hope you get the time off. We visited London a few years ago. There were many times I forgot we were in England because it felt as if we were in NYC! So many similarities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to London when I was in high school...(ummm 2001 maybe?), but I was with a student group, so we didn't get a lot of say in where we went. It will be nice to go back and see what there is to see :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you get the time off!! I've been to London & I loved it! Sorry about the no-nappers. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No nappers are stressful. As much as some of their parents don't want them to nap at school (so they can get them to bed earlier), the kiddos really need naps still!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...