Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fickle toddlers and a tempo run

Today, the seams of my running clothes were bothering me, and it took three hair elastics, a headband and several clips to get my hair contained enough to not drive me crazy.

But then, the run. Once I got started, I felt really good!

Tempo run day - 1 mile warmup, 2 miles at 9:41 and then 1 at 9:31 because I was feeling great and wanted to go faster, and 1 mile cool down.

Just a bit sweaty at the end.


It was a good day at work today, ten crazy kiddos managed to play really nicely for the most part, and as an added bonus, I only worked until a little after 3:30! I felt like I was getting away with something, even though I worked a full day.

One of my kiddos is in a hating everything/everyone phase, but I am usually exempt. At nap time I got an "I hate you," but it was quickly replaced with "No, I like you, I sorry" when I went to sit by another munchkin. Fickle toddlers. 

I did a little tidying around the house before my run, because at some point (I don't know when exactly because his flight was delayed), Tom gets home tonight! I'll be sleeping, because it will be late, and I have to work in the morning, but that means he'll be here when I get up!

Also, I just realized that the Newburgh Half Marathon is a little over 3 weeks away - so soon!

2 comments:

  1. nice work on the tempo! i love that you bumped up the last mile and showed it who is boss!!!

    i know i've said it before, but i really love that headband. is it a sweatyband? or a bondi band? or some other kind of band?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love runs where I finish feeling awesome like that!

      The headband is a sweatyband - it's pretty great and doesn't move around on me, those cheap-o ones with the rubber grippy stuff are always sliding off!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...