Monday, May 26, 2014

4 mile warm up kind of day

That was one of the most difficult 10 miles I have ever run. I felt terrible for a lot of it, but not a legitimate reason to stop level of terrible.

I wanted to stop at about here:


It took me about 4 miles to feel warmed up, which is only 3 miles more than usual. And I didn't feel awesome at the end. But I was determined to get my miles in. There were walk breaks. And I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life (it's in the 80s outside, but was somewhere in the 70s in the basement).

This picture doesn't really demonstrate just how sweaty I was. That's probably a good thing.


The Runner's World quote of the day was something along the lines of "Running is 50 percent physical and 90 percent mental. Or something like that."  It seemed rather fitting today. 

My foot was feeling off for the first little while, but seemed to loosen up after a few miles. Plus the weird popping feeling seems to have stopped for now.

I (finally) have both my lesson plans and newsletter done for June. My boss was insanely busy on Friday, so she wasn't worried about the fact that no one them ready for her. At least we were all in the same boat!

It's looking like summer around here, now I have to get used to being warm all the time. I've never lived anywhere that has an actual hot summer. And don't get me started on the humidity. I'm from the West Coast, I don't do humidity unless it's raining.

 

2 comments:

  1. good work pushing through an getting your run done! it's hard when it takes SOO long to warm up...and even then not everything clicks. but you got through it! good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...