Thursday, May 8, 2014

Speedwork and (not) tacos

I had to be the bad guy today and tell multiple people that it wasn't Friday. But on the bright side, tomorrow is!

It was rainy here today, so the munchkins couldn't get out to play. We managed to distract them pretty well though, they all napped anyway!

I actually got out before 5:30 (not by much though) which was nice because I had a run to get in.

It ended up being 4.5 miles. 1 mile warmup, 1 mile @ 9:14, 800m jog, 1 mile @ 9:05, 1 mile cool down. I actually felt better than I thought I was going to. I don't usually do a lot of speedwork, because it feels a lot more like work than my usual runs, but I know that it's important to help me get running a little faster.

Buddy doesn't like speedwork either.


I love that his face is the only thing in focus.


I really wanted delicious tacos for dinner, but I would have had to go to the store to satisfy that craving correctly. Instead I made a kale, egg, and onion "taco" with avocado and chips. Still tasty, but not what I really wanted.


I have really been trying to get a reasonable amount of sleep this week (ok, since Tuesday). I have been getting slightly better about getting to bed on time, and I'm really getting good about having things ready for the morning.

I lay my clothes out at night so I don't have to stand around and make decisions first thing in the morning (not my strong suit at any time of the day, but really not when I first wake up), and I set up the coffee maker.


The program feature on the coffee maker is my best friend. There is nothing better than having coffee ready when I come downstairs. It definitely helps me manage my time in the morning.

Do you do night time prep to make your morning easier?

5 comments:

  1. my schedule varies all the time. on the days when i know that i'm going to get up early to do something or if i know i want to workout before i come home i'll get all that stuff ready before i go to bed, otherwise it doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to get my clothes out the night before but then I just got lazy and started just "laying them out in my head". Inevitably I was always missing an item in the morning! I never heard of Kale or eggs on a taco, interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much call anything in a tortilla a taco! :)

      Delete
  3. I set my clothes out too for the same reason! It takes me AGES in the a.m. to figure out what to wear. I have a Keurig pot but I do have it programmed to turn on before I get up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes me forever to fully wake up in the morning, planning ahead is a lifesaver!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...