Tuesday, January 21, 2014

More snow

Today was long. We had a winter storm warning and lots of snow on the way but all ten of the kids were in attendance. Two got picked up around 11 and one in the middle of nap time so their parents could avoid the snow storm.

Another toddler room ended up combining with ours so their teachers could head home (I'm not sure how we drew the short straw) and while all of my kiddos were picked up by about 4:45, I couldn't go home until 5:30. I let my assistant leave after the last of our kids left - partially because I have more faith in my snow driving abilities and partially because she was whining a lot.

I don't know how much snow we've gotten - it's a lot. My usual 8 minute drive home took almost half an hour. I mean, I'm glad people are being safe, but if you are so uncomfortable driving in the snow that you are going less than ten miles an hour on a recently plowed road then maybe you shouldn't drive in the snow. No word yet on if work is going to open on time tomorrow. I'll find out in the morning.

In other news - look how much less scrawny Buddy is looking! 


3 comments:

  1. I agree...if you are uncomfortable driving in the snow, then don't. Or pull over. I wish we had snow. We have dry pavement. I'm starting to think about planting. You have better winter than Alaska! Not fair:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Buddy is bulking up. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safe and Buddy looks Great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...