Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm drinking tea

Today was not as crazy as I expected it to be. We had 11 kiddos in the room. Yes, that's eleven two year olds.

Plus, my boss still has my plan book so I didn't realize until I got there this morning that I needed to make salt dough for art. Fortunately I had just enough flour left from our last baking adventure to make enough dough for everyone.


Circle time went amazingly well, all but one of them sat through our hello song and two books before we sang the froggy song (when they get to jump).

The downside of the day is that I developed a sore throat. Like an if-I-don't-keep-taking-advil-I-can't-swallow sore throat, which seems bad. I feel fine otherwise, so hopefully it will wear off soonish.

I have a standing rule that if I go home early from work because I don't feel well I have to continue to behave like I'm sick when I get home (take care of myself). But since I stayed at work all day I got to decide if I was up for a short run when I got home.

I usually go by the "neck test" to decide if I should work out when I'm not 100%. If symptoms are above the neck (cold-like) it's ok, but if symptoms are below the neck (lungs, fever, aches) it's best to give it a rest.

Given that, I ran a couple miles and felt a lot better overall when I was done. Not my throat (that still hurts) but the rest of me is glad that I ran.


Now I'm drinking tea (which I pretty much only do when I'm sick) and planning on going to bed at a reasonable hour.

7 comments:

  1. The above the neck rule is a good rule to follow. I never knew advil worked for a sore throat! I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps when there's swelling involved! I'm hoping tomorrow is a little less painful, otherwise I might actually have to think about going to a doctor...

      Delete
  2. The above the neck rule is a good rule to follow. I never knew advil worked for a sore throat! I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gargle with warm salt water. Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and thought of you the whole time. You used to practically chase me down with that stuff - so gross!

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better today....Great plan...the treadmill. More snow and slick conditions this morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was surprised to see snow on the car this morning! I'm feeling slightly worse, but am much more optimistic now that my throat is mostly numb from ice cubes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...