Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lacking motivation

Some days it is really hard to get out the door for a run. There wasn't anything I wanted that I could bribe/reward myself with so I had to come up with other motivation. This blog post helped a bit.

My other tactic is to just slowly put all my running stuff on. What's that on my wrist? Oh, my Garmin, maybe I should go for a run. This usually works because I start to feel a little silly in my running clothes sitting around the house. That, and deep down I really do want to run.

I left Buddy at home today. He looked completely betrayed when I told him to get in his crate.


It was chilly and windy out, but I had a good 2 1/2 miles on my own. Now I don't feel completely unprepared for my training to start this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...