Friday, January 30, 2015

Fridays are for Doughnuts

I woke up at 6:50 this morning, for absolutely no reason at all. It was pretty dumb.

Buddy thought so, too.


We got more snow overnight, not much, but enough to cover up the dirty old snow and make the yard look pretty again.

Since I was up anyway, I hit the store early. I may have had an ulterior motive.


The store was nice an empty compared to the pre-"blizzard" shopping the other day, much more peaceful.

I semi-successfully ran this afternoon. I taped my ankle and started out walking for the first mile. The next 3 miles were ridiculously slow, but not terribly painful. Plus, finishing a run, no matter how slow, was really good for my mental health. Cutting a run short is brutal, mentally.

I spent some time with my legs up the wall after my run, and have been icing my ankle.


Come on, recovery!

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with my ankle. It's not a running pain that I'm familiar with. I assumed that since it was fine during my long run on Sunday and then it had a few rest days (sick days) that it would be ok, but I was clearly wrong. It does seem to be getting better than it was though, so fingers crossed that it keeps improving!

I'm making Slow Cooker Sesame Garlic Chicken with rice and roasted broccoli for dinner. It smells really good and it's making me hungry.

What's for dinner at your house?

12 comments:

  1. Good donuts are awesome! Hope your ankle gets better soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pesky ankle! It knows I have better things to do! :) Don't work too much this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Ugh. I'm sorry about your ankle. Don't push it though. Let it heal. You have a GREAT half marathon PR! Treat it well...you have a nice race coming up. You don't want to miss it :) I definitely want to see how the training goes and the race, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience is not my strong suit :) I'm trying to take it easy, I know my next race won't be a PR anyway based on the elevation chart, but I hate not being able to run!

      Delete
  3. aww, I bet Buddy was in mid yawn in that picture! I love it when I see dogs yawn! We are suppose to get more snow this afternoon so of course our grocery store was packed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doggie yawns are pretty cute :) We're supposed to get snow too, and ice. Crazy weather!

      Delete

  4. Bummer you can't figure out what's wrong w/ your ankle! That is so frustrating!! Is Buddy wearing JAMMIES?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ankle is possibly doing better - fingers crossed! Buddy is wearing his jacket in that picture, he sometimes doesn't let us take it off when he first comes back inside. He is wearing a fleece vest right now though :)

      Delete
    2. I saw your picture of the vest...so cute! :) I hope your ankle continues to behave!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I need to see more of that tattoo! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Alice and Wonderland themed :) One of my favorites!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...