Saturday, January 24, 2015

Snow Day and Trying Not to be a Lazy Slob

I was having a weird dream about running a race this morning. It was weird because part of it was running on roads, and then some stretches were run on a treadmill. I had someone handing me water while I was on the treadmill though, so that was nice.

My alarm went off at my Saturday usual 6:45 and I could see snow out the window. We were expecting a couple of inches (no big deal), so I got my running gear on and grabbed a cup of coffee. Then I really looked outside.


I wasn't so much worried about the roads as the trails. I don't mind a few inches, but this was a little much for me to run in.

After a one cup of coffee long debate, I decided to stay home. I'm bummed since I missed my run last weekend, I was really looking forward to seeing my running group this morning (though apparently only 2 people showed up). I'm also bummed because this means I'll be running 11 miles on the treadmill tomorrow. Any cute movies on Netflix these days?

Buddy was less anti-snow today than he has been in the past.



I even dug out my Xtratufs to take Buddy out. I haven't worn them since we left Alaska, and I forgot how comfy they are. If you haven't lived in Alaska (or worked on a boat), pretty much everyone has a pair of these there, they're awesome. I'm sure I'm making all my neighbors jealous with my super fashionable boots.


Since I'm trying not to be a lazy slob on days I don't run, I found a YouTube channel with a bazillion free videos - BeFit. It's pretty awesome, you should check it out the next time you want to try something new.

Any good Netflix recommendations for my run tomorrow?

7 comments:

  1. I was on the lazy slob boat lol. I will do some yoga later this evening. YouTube is an awesome workout resource. Good luck with the 11 treadmill miles. I will be outside for 20 myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was me yesterday. I had to get back on track today though eating wise. I cannot believe all the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have those days! Also, we're supposed to get even more snow in the next couple days.

      Delete
  3. So jealous of your snow! And love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to get a ton of snow tomorrow and Tuesday, I'll keep you posted :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...