Thursday, January 22, 2015

Babysitting, Cleaning House and Speedwork

Holy cow, I'm tired.

I got up at 6am and haven't stopped moving until now.

This morning was spent babysitting a sick baby/toddler (she's between ages, I think they've decided to call that age "wobblers" now). Most of the time she wanted me to carry her and the rest of the time she was either laying on me, napping, or playing with the remote.

I got home, took Buddy for a walk and wolfed down some oatmeal for lunch. While I was babysitting, someone called to make an appointment to come see the house. We are not as good as we should be about keeping the house clean between showings, so I had quite a bit of work to do.

Buddy hid from the vacuum and I got a nice stair workout in moving things upstairs and down to the basement.


Since it was dark by the time the people came to see the house (and I didn't feel like going anywhere), Buddy and I just walked around the yard (for almost 40 minutes) while we waited for them to get there/leave.


Buddy had a great time smelling everything and really wanted me to let him go chase something that was in the bushes.

Once we were back inside, it was finally time for me to hit the treadmill for some speedwork.

I ran a 1 mile warm up, 3x1 mile with 800m jogs, and a 1 mile cool down - 6 miles total. I did my first two miles at 8:13 and the last one at 8:06. Not a bad place to start this training cycle at!

I was so happy to get through my workout since last week's speedwork was aborted.

Now we're relaxing with some beer and tv. I have a feeling it's going to be an early night.

3 comments:

  1. Would Buddy just run away & never come back if you let him off leash? Cute that he wants to check everything out. Lily is a whippet, which is a sighthound, so she's not much of a sniffer.

    Poor kid that you babysat. :( I am surprised her parents left her even though she was sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On our townhouse property we are supposed to keep Buddy on-leash. He's gotten out a couple of times, once he stayed pretty close and once he headed for some busy streets. Once we move he'll be able to go out and roam more.

      There are some serious career people around here (these are the kids that are at daycare 7:30-5:30/6 every day). She's a sweet kiddo though, it's always sad when kids are sick.

      Delete
    2. That would be so hard! I would hate being away from my kids that much. :( She's lucky to have you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...