Sunday, February 1, 2015

It was Beautiful

I didn't run with the group on Saturday, partially because I didn't think I would be able to do it, and partially because of this:


I'm not a fan of negative wind chills.

Saturday became a rest day, and we spent a decent amount of time shopping in the afternoon.  Tom was looking for a new coat, and I am on the hunt for some new yoga (pajama) pants. Turns out we're both pretty particular about both of those things. He was successful, I'm still looking.

This morning I geared up for my long run. I stretched. I foam rolled. I used the stick.


I found a knot in my calf (somehow related to the ankle pain?), and it hurt to roll it. I brought the stick down to the treadmill with me and stopped to roll my calf every couple of miles. Other than a bit of tightness (and the pain while I was rolling it out), my 11 miles was pain free.

It was beautiful.

Fingers crossed that I'm past this random injury - I missed running without pain!

We had a snack-a-thon (with beer) for dinner while we watched the Super Bowl. The first course was chips, salsa and guacamole. Round two was a veggie tray, and we finished up with some devil's food doughnut holes.

We planned on having burgers for dinner, but started snacking and quickly realized that we weren't going to be hungry enough for a full meal. Guess we know what's for dinner tomorrow!

Buddy did not care about the outcome of the Super Bowl.


We mostly were torn between which team we disliked more. It was a good game though!

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

6 comments:

  1. I didn't really care who won. I was kinda leaning towards the Seahawks, but didn't care that much. It was a really good game though.
    I am so glad you ran your 11 miles pain free! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited to be able to run! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't watch the Superbowl but I did tune in for the commercials and the halftime show. I was snuggled up like Buddy for most of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably a better use of your time :) There were some really cute commercials - and some really weird ones...

      Delete
  3. From my ankle injury experience the calf knot is DEFINITELY connected....The peroneal tendon runs along the outside of your leg from your ankle up and connects to the peroneus muscle which is your outer calf. You are reminding me to roll every day. I always have that tight spot....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how connected everything is and how a tightness in one area can cause pain in a completely different place!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...