Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Long Run with Watermelon Everything

I'm exhausted. I really shouldn't complain about it, because it's my own fault, but I just thought I would share that fact with you.

We stayed out way late last night and then Buddy decided to wake me up a little after 8am so he could have breakfast. He's kind of a brat like that. He chowed down and then snuck back upstairs to go back to bed before I could make him go outside.


After a lot of coffee, water and a bagel, egg and bacon sandwich, I dragged myself down to the basement for my long run.

I debated finding something new to watch, but decided to watch Mean Girls again instead. It's such a funny movie!

Considering how late we were out, my run felt great! I snacked on a GU and had some of my favorite Watermelon Nuun to keep me running.


I ended up finishing my 11 miles in 1:46:07, about a 9:38 pace. My ankle didn't hurt at all, which made for a really nice run.


I was feeling good when I finished, slurped down a protein smoothie while I iced my ankle (just in case), and then I got really tired.

We're supposed to get a bunch of snow in the next couple of days, they're not sure how much just yet, but possibly more than a foot. I'm kind of excited about it, even if it means more treadmill time. You know I not so secretly like my treadmill anyway.

Tell me something fun about your weekend! :)

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend! sometimes a late night out isn't a bad thing! I had surgery on Friday so it was a weekend of relaxing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finally tried my watermelon GU during the marathon and it is Fabulous! -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our run group had Hill training this weekend: 9 miles around Dodger Stadium! It actually was a lot of fun. I not-so-secretly love the treadmill too!! Running AND The Walking Dead? Yes yes yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If I'm not running with a group, I'd rather have some bad tv to keep me company!

      Delete
  4. This weekend I started running again for the first time in a long time! Your watermelon glass is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work! It can be so hard to get started again after a break!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...