Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Just me and the cows

Jillian Michaels is mean. I know I said it yesterday, but I just wanted to make that clear. 

All kinds of muscles are sore today. Holy cow. That workout yesterday was not a joke.

This afternoon I bundled up for a run in the snow.

It was pretty much just me and the cows.


I definitely picked the wrong shoes for running in the snow. My Mizunos have a circle in the heel that collected and packed snow into little elevated ice heels. It was a little annoying, but it didn't stop me from knocking out just under 6 miles.




It was really nice to have the trails to myself, just the quiet crunch of the snow and the occasional cow sounds. Pretty peaceful.


I turned taco leftovers into nachos when I got home. I'm a terrible example, don't be like me. 


I dropped one of those pickled jalapenos on the floor and Buddy got it before I could stop him. He's a weirdo, and he wanted more.

Dinner tonight was Eggroll in a Bowl again. We can't help it, it's a quick and easy meal - and it's delicious.

We found the original recipe HERE.

Ours usually consists of country sausage, onion, cabbage, ginger, garlic, carrots, bean sprouts, soy sauce and chili garlic paste. It does not photograph well. We usually use red cabbage, so the whole thing turns purple. We top it with green onions and sesame seeds. The leftovers are amazing with eggs the next day.

You should definitely try it.

Do you like running in the snow? 

4 comments:

  1. I love running in the snow (as long as it's not too deep). Your run looks perfect to me! Wish I could have come along. :) And the nachos..those look AMAZING. Had we run together, I definitely would've come over for some of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice amount of snow, and since it's early in the season it wasn't on top of a bunch of ice. Pretty perfect. You are definitely invited to run and eat giant plates of nachos if you're ever in the area! :)

      Delete
  2. I love snowy runs! It's been so freaking cold this week though I've been milling. Zero is my cutoff. Pretty pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Zero is too cold! It's in the teens here, which isn't terrible once you get going.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...