Monday, January 5, 2015

Race Sign Up, Strength Training and Crab

I took my rest day on Sunday very seriously. Mostly unintentionally.

I was ridiculously tired from not sleeping well on Friday and waking up early on Saturday to run, so I ended up sleeping in. Really sleeping in.

Ok, I woke up at 10:58.

The day mostly consisted of catching up on blogs and digging through boxes in the basement for all of my workout dvds - I did manage to do some laundry though!

And we watched Divergent. It was cute - Hunger Games is better though.


I also signed up for my first race of the year - the West Point Half Marathon at the end of March. It's hilly. Crazy hilly. One of my weekend running buddies ran it last year and is running it again this year, so we are now planning to harass convince some our other weekend runners to join us.

Good thing I got my new training journal in the mail over the weekend!


Today I reinforced the knowledge that while I can run for hours, I have really minimal muscle strength when it comes to anything else.


I did a Jillian Michaels dvd and wanted to die for about half of it. I guess that means I should do it more than once a year.


She's so mean.

You should definitely be jealous of our dinner tonight. For Christmas, my mom sent us a big box of fish and some king crab.


Merry Christmas to us!


Buddy's had an exhausting day of napping. It's a rough life.


Do you do any workout videos?

Are you a cardio addict or are you good about strength training?

2 comments:

  1. I agree- Buddy has the good life! I am not much of a video person- to easy to stand them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, it does take a little more convincing some days, but I don't do well with studio schedules most of the time. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...