Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Back to Normal

I was having weird dreams and woke up at 7 for no good reason. Boo.

I'm getting into a routine now that Tom's back at work - my morning consists of coffee, breakfast, dishes, and a trip to the grocery store for dinner things. That's because I'm incapable of planning meals any further in advance than that.

Yesterday I told Tom I didn't want to start my run because I was afraid I was just going to have to stop again right away. I felt that way again today. There's almost nothing more frustrating than having to cut a run short because you're in pain.


Fortunately, the icing, stretching and compression socks seem to be working, because I got back to my training plan today with no pain - I win!


3 easy miles with a little stretching at the halfway mark.

Followed by some push-ups as today's #NoExcuses challenge with Sweat Pink. It takes a whole new set of skills to set up my phone and use the self timer to get these pictures.


I even elevated my feet for a bit after my run, and Buddy pouted until we left the basement.


He always turns his head away when I turn my phone camera on - brat.

Just in case it affects anything, I put the mat back under my treadmill today. We didn't bother with it when we moved it to its new home, and I'm wondering if it's creating more impact than there would be with the mat down. It certainly can't hurt.

I'm so happy to be feeling back to normal - there's nothing like having to rest an injury to make you want to run!

4 comments:

  1. Glad your run was pain-free! Mad camera timer skills there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's definitely a learning curve and some luck! :)

      Delete
  2. What was more of a challenge--the push ups or setting up the camera? LOL! You have good form! I am about to do a few planks...RIGHT after I read a few more blog posts...hmm...

    Glad you had a good run. You're right in there's nothing worse than getting all suited up and then having a run fail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The number of push-ups I ended up doing due to trial and error with the camera was the challenge! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...