Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sunny run OUTSIDE!

This post is a little all over the place, like my mind.

This morning was beautiful, so I pulled the crash wrap off of the window of the Jeep for my drive to drop it off at the repair shop. They're only open until noon on Saturdays, so that motivated me to actually get out the door.

Poor, sad Jeep.


My boss is completely fascinated by the weight I have lost since I started work in November - she wants a number. I don't actually know how much I have lost. I don't own a scale. But, I went from my temporary retirement/road trip to working and running all the time, so obviously there's been some change.

Out of curiosity, I put my finish photos from the Sleepy Hollow 10K in October 2013 and the Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon in March 2014 side by side.


There's definitely a difference there (not just that one photo is terribly unflattering). But then, going from a relatively sedentary lifestyle to being on my feet all the time (and running) is obviously going to make a difference.

I keep putting these back in their box, as though I haven't worn them four times.


It was beautiful out today (and warm!), so Buddy and I piled in the car to go for a run - gasp - OUTSIDE! Yes, that's right, I actually gave my treadmill a break and ventured outside.

I finally got to use my Empire Passport so I don't have to pay for parking anymore. I got it right before all the snow hit, so I never got to use it.


 There were turtles sunning themselves in the lake.


We took a few water breaks.


 Right after I took this picture, Buddy dunked himself up to his chest to cool off.


We got a little lost turned around for a bit, but found our way back to the car after a while.

It was a pretty day for a run!



 I asked Buddy to sit when we got back to the car. This is what I got:


I think he's tired - he's taken up residence between the curtain and the back door (in the sun) and hasn't moved since we got home.

What's your weather doing today? We're above 70 degrees!

Do you ever get lost when you're out running? I feel like I do every time I try to run somewhere new. But I always find my way back eventually!

Tell me something fun you're doing this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference running makes:) I'm jealous you have turtles. It's raining here today but we are having Alice and Andy and the girls and eating enchiladas and watching Nascar:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds fun except for the Nascar. :)

      Delete
  2. That's so impressive for six months difference! Good work! I love that you don't have a scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found the number on the scale pretty much never made me happy, even when I was in really good shape. So now I go off of how I feel, and how my clothes fit.

      Delete
  3. I'm cracking up that you keep putting your shoes back in the box! Maybe that makes them feel new every time and you should just keep it up! :)

    You look great in both pics but definitely more defined in the second. Great job on a year of hard work (both paid work & workouts).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely feel better than I did in October.

      My shoes still feel new, and I kind of feel like I'm getting away with something when I take them out of the box to wear them! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...