Thursday, April 17, 2014

I wonder if it hurts when I run?

I had a pebble or something under the insole of my shoe all day at work today. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to realize that was what had happened. So now I have a tiny bruise on the ball of my foot and it hurts when I walk.

Being a runner, I thought, "I wonder if it hurts when I run? Let's find out!"

It doesn't. You might be surprised by how many things that hurt when you walk, don't hurt when you run. It's kind of like when you lose your voice, sometimes you can still sing - weird.

Good thing too because I was looking forward to my run all day today, especially because I got some new clothes in the mail.

I used some of my hard-earned overtime pay to splurge on a new top and running skort from Oiselle.


I wore them for an awesome 5 miles after work and love them both! The tank top is quite possibly the softest shirt ever, and I didn't have to fuss with the skort at all during my run!

We had a nice day at work, I hardly had to use my "I'm very serious right now" voice at all! And as an added bonus I got to leave before 6!

My usual Friday assistant is being put in another toddler room tomorrow (their lead teacher quit), so I am going to have an infant teacher in my room. She knows the kids, so hopefully it goes well.

And even if it doesn't, it will still be Friday!

This guy set off another mouse trap today. He really likes ripping cardboard boxes apart. 


Are you guilty of running when you shouldn't? Have you done the "does it hurt when I run?" test?

What do you splurge on when you want to treat yourself?

1 comment:

  1. I always do that test...and you're right, there are so many things that you can run through even if you've been miserable all day.

    Love the new threads! Super cute!

    I too always splurge on running gear. I just bought new shorts this week :). Oh...and shoes...always shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...