Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Early to bed, early to rise?

It's rainy here, which is not as nice as the lovely sunshine that we had this weekend. That also means we didn't get to go play outside, which makes the kiddos a little nuts.

Actually, aside from a start to nap time that almost had me running from the building, we had a really good day. All the kiddos napped, and most of the time they were playing so nicely it didn't feel like there were 10 of them!


For art today we made these silly handprint sheep. Yes, they're sheep, don't question it. 

 

Yesterday we made snazzy coffee filter flowers. We colored them with markers and then used an eyedropper to get them wet so all the colors bled together. They turned out pretty cute.


 Buddy does not approve of the rain.


I got out of work fairly late tonight, but I really needed to get in a run for my mental health. I decided to be speedier about it than usual and did a quick 2 miles before dinner.

I'm getting faster. It wasn't as much effort as I thought it would be to maintain the pace I started at, so I just kept bumping up the speed. Plus I promised Buddy I would be done by his dinner time, so there was no time to waste!

I have to go in at my early time tomorrow, so I'm going to attempt to get to bed early tonight (hahahahah, right!). We'll see how that goes.

Do you have a training schedule that you follow or do you play it by ear? I have a weekly mileage goal, but when I run really depends on my work schedule.

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine 10 2-year-olds. I need a nap just thinking about it! I love those little sheep. I'm going to have to start writing down these ideas for when my little guy gets older :)

    Whenever I am training for a race I have a schedule that I try to follow. However I usually see the runs as a checklist and I'm like you...whenever I can fit them in I do. It also depends on my mood...some days I have runs planned and I end up not having the emotional energy for it. So I end up switching things around all the time. Basically if I end the week with the total miles I planned on I feel accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, 10 is starting to feel normal. When I have 8 or 9 kids I am constantly counting them because I feel like I'm missing some!

      Delete
  2. I don't have a schedule but I should have one. It's all fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants lately and I've been so busy that I've been missing runs. Your little projects are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life really gets in the way of quality running time, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Since my injury i've just been playing it by ear! I long for the days where I get back to a schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get back to normal soon - injuries are so frustrating!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...