Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Running therapy

Today was long. It was 90% just like any Tuesday, busy, and a little crazy. The last hour was stressful, scary, and a little overwhelming. I won't go into it, other than to say that all my kiddos and I are ok.

So when I got home (and realized there was nothing I could do to make anybody else's day better), I did the only think I could think of - I headed to the basement for some quality treadmill time. It felt selfish, but therapeutic, and necessary.

I ran out the crazy emotions of the day. Then I ran a little more, a little faster, until I couldn't think about anything but keeping my feet on the treadmill belt.

It's amazing how a run can help you work through thoughts and emotions that might otherwise get too overwhelming.

A blurry Buddy photo from the treadmill.


I'm hoping tomorrow will be calmer, because so far this week has been pretty emotionally draining.

Now I want need ice cream.

Do you use running/exercise as therapy?

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hope everything is okay. Well, you said it is. But it also sounds scary. As a classroom teacher I can only imagine. Hugs to you and I hope you have a less-stressful rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is much better today. An illness took a kiddo to the ER, but they are back home today and doing just fine! They're planning on being at school tomorrow. Kids rebound so much faster than adults!

      Delete
  2. oh man, it's never good when a week has been so draining and it's only tuesday!

    i totally agree, running is the best and cheapest therapy that i know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that with walking. It's good to exhaust the body and release the day! Glad it had a happy ending

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...