Saturday, March 1, 2014

The good, the bad, and the squishy

One of the worst things about my job is the constant colds/sickness. When you're getting sneezed/coughed/spit on all day long it is difficult to avoid. And of course there's holding sick kiddos when they're waiting to get picked up. It is just constant exposure to little kid germs. No amount of handwashing and hand sanitizer can fully protect you.

That's a long winded way of saying that I'm sick again. Right now it's just a bit of a sore throat, but it woke me up at 6 this morning, which is not cool. Hopefully the weekend is enough of a break from singing songs, reading books and constantly talking to give my throat a chance to recover.

One of the best things about my job is that I get to play with fun things like this:


 
They don't seem to be easily squishable, which is good - two year olds are experts at destroying things. The bag says there are different sizes/shapes in there so it should be fun to see what they end up looking like. There are also somewhere around 4,000 of them in the bag - that might be too many.

I also put another bead in to show the size difference when it is fully formed. Not just because I think they're fun and want to watch another one grow.


I think when I take these to class I may put some in a water bottle or other closeable container so the kids can hold it and look at them while they grow. Then we can transfer them to the sensory bin once they're done.

What's your favorite part of your job? Least favorite?

How early were you up this morning? (I'm hoping someone got to sleep in!)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...