Friday, March 14, 2014

I need to go to the store

It's finally Friday! We had a pretty mellow day at work, (only 7 kiddos!) which was a nice way to end the week.

My training plan is surprisingly free of tapering (cutting back on miles), which I don't really agree with. I am kind of playing it by ear for the next week. I read a bunch of reviews of the race and I'm going to need some well-rested legs to conquer all the hills in my future!

I need to go to the grocery store. I don't have time to go to the store during the week, and I didn't feel like scrounging for another dinner (last night I ate a tuna sandwich, those who know me will know just how gross weird that is), so I ordered Chinese food instead.

It took an insane amount of time to get here and I started eating conversation hearts while I waited.

Shrimp dumplings:


General Tso's chicken (yes, I know this is not "real" Chinese food):


They thoughtfully gave me two fortune cookies, because obviously I ordered enough food for two people.

I have terribly exciting plans to go to bed early tonight.

Tomorrow is supposed to be almost warm out so Buddy and I are planning on going for a run. I also intend to go buy too many things at Target.

Tapering: do you do it? How do you feel about it? Do you start to feel crazy during your taper?

I always feel lazy when I taper, and a little antsy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I don't live next to a Target. I spent lots while on my trip to Seattle:) fun store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only tapered once (for a half) and I adored that time. I think it was two weeks on the training plan I used. I was so elated, at that point, to be DONE with the tough part of the training!! ENJOY some extra free time. I can't wait to hear about the race!!

    As for Target, I swear, I could live there. They have everything! I rarely leave that store w/out spending at least $100. I adore it!! I haven't been to Walmart in almost 2 years and I plan to never go again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried to stay under $100, but didn't quite make it. Have you tried the new Cartwheel app? It saved me a few bucks today!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...