Sunday, March 30, 2014

New running goal

I actually managed to sleep past 7 this morning. I've really lost the ability to sleep in.

I was possessed by someone more productive than myself this morning and tackled the dishes I let pile up during the week. Before I had coffee. Crazy, right?

After cooking up a thoroughly tasty breakfast of sausages, eggs, and hashbrowns, I finally got down to business and finished up my lesson plans.


My reward? Start my laundry and hop on the treadmill for 6 miles. It was a really good run, a little slow perhaps, but it hasn't been that long since the race.

Since I'm not currently training for a race, I needed to come up with a weekly mileage goal to keep myself motivated. I'm going to shoot for 20 miles a week, which is doable, if I'm not working 50 hour weeks. So, we'll see. For long work weeks I'm going to still try to get in around 15 miles.

The weekend always goes so quickly! Why can't the weekdays move so fast? Time to fold the laundry and get ready for Monday!

I don't know how I go through so many clothes in a week!

 
Do you have an entire drawer in your dresser devoted to running clothes? That's normal, right?

2 comments:

  1. Goals really help me, too, even if I'm not training for anything. Otherwise I just kind of aimlessly run & it's easier to skip workouts! I do kind of have a separate drawer for workout gear...it shares its space with my regular tights (like for skirts, not running) & slips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO much easier to skip workouts without a goal! Having a goal definitely keeps me more accountable.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...