Monday, March 3, 2014

Run, Tiny!

I somehow took no pictures today. I'm not sure what happened there.

Things at work this morning were a little disorganized. I was on my own from 7:30 to about 9:15 and had a total of 4 assistants in and out of my room until 12:30 when my assistant arrived. It made the kids a little crazy.

We started growing some water beads in class today. The kids are fascinated and can't wait until we put them in the sensory bin!

There was no snow today. None. So the Friday email about closing early was a little preemptive. We were open all day, but somehow we actually had an extra person so I got to go home at 4:30 today!

Then I got a really exciting email from Tiny (my BFF who lives in Oregon)! She's thinking about starting running, which made me really happy. I sent her the longest email ever with thoughts on how to get started and lots of little things that popped into my head. Then my mind got way ahead of itself and I started thinking about how if she likes running and gets into it that maybe we could meet up somewhere cool and run a race together! I'll just be over here having a running nerd moment if you need me.

Tom is making delicious broccoli rabe, bacon, and garlic pasta awesomeness for dinner. I'm spoiled.

What advice would you give a new runner?

6 comments:

  1. meet up for a race! that's a great idea...but let's see if I can start and stick to it long enough to make it a part of my routine. Thanks for all the advice by the way. I knew you were the right person to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I got ahead of myself! :) I hope you can stick with it long enough to have an amazing run that makes you want to just keep running! Those are the best, but they take time.

      Delete
  2. The biggest thing I think I have learned and am learning, is to just go at 'conversational pace' - no need to get crazy right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always hard for me too, especially if I've taken a break from running for a while. I feel like I should be able to go faster!

      Delete
  3. I agree about learning to run at a conversational pace and not trying to go fast at first. Hope your friend loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I need more friends who run, most of them think I'm crazy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...