Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sugar high

I'm looking forward to the days when I don't have to be at work before the sun is up.


We have been talking about our five senses during circle time at work this month. Today we used all five to explore marshmallows. The kids were pretty excited. I had them look while the marshmallows were still in the bag so they couldn't instantly pop them in their mouths. We smelled them through the bag and then again after I passed them out. Only a few chowed down right away, the others humored me by shaking their marshmallows to see if they made a sound and squishing them to feel them properly. They all enjoyed the tasting part the best (of course) and I had to cut them off.

Then we ran them around outside for half an hour before music so we didn't have them going on a sugar high rampage through the classroom.

I had over 18 hours of overtime on this paycheck, so I don't feel guilty at all that these came today:


They were on sale and I wanted to make sure I got another pair of PureFlow 2s before they were all gone. I am going to try my best to not wear them until I need to retire my purple PureFlows, but we'll see how that goes!

I actually get to go in at 7:30 again tomorrow (instead of 7), so I'm pretty excited for that extra half hour.

I'm really happy that tomorrow is Friday. Fridays are my low number days (only 8 munchkins), and they're more laid back than the rest of the week. They're also the only day I get to work with my other assistant (they're both part time), and she is super high energy and a lot of fun to work with.

What makes your Friday great?

1 comment:

  1. The shoes are really pretty, and on sale....what could be better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...