Saturday, March 29, 2014

I drove old-lady slow

Happy Saturday!

I spent my morning cleaning glass off the driver's seat of the Jeep and driving it to the shop.


I drove up with no window, which was a little breezy, but at least it wasn't raining.

According to the guys at the shop, I don't look like the kind of person who drives a lifted Jeep. Shocking, I know.

They put "crash wrap" on the windows (with a little less finesse than I would have done), which made my drive home a little more exciting. You see, the thing about crash wrap is that you can't really see through it very well.


So I avoided left-hand turns like the plague, and only changed lanes when I absolutely had to. There were also a lot of police about so I drove old-lady slow.

On the bright side, the crash wrap should keep out the crazy amount of rain we're supposed to get this weekend. 

I (finally) started working on my lesson plans when I got home. Then Buddy and I decided to go for a run in the rain so I could get away from my lesson plans because we're cool like that.

Buddy was very excited to go, until he saw that it was raining. He lasted a little less than a mile before he was behind me and it looked like my dog was taking me for a run. We headed for home at that point and ended up at a little over a mile and a half.

Doesn't he look irritated with me?


Then it was back to planning. I hate planning - and by extension, this book:


There are an awful lot of empty squares.


And that's just one week.

Time to fill in some squares!

Do you like to run in the rain?

2 comments:

  1. Good work driving blind in a place you don't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was mostly a straight shot down the highway so it wasn't too bad. Plus the driving really slow (also known as the speed limit) helped a lot too! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...