Sunday, March 1, 2015

Weekend Happenings

I feel like I have barely been home this weekend, and I somehow have zero pictures to share with you.

Saturday morning I woke up early to meet up with my running group for 6 chilly miles. We were all really excited because the "feels like" temperature was the same as the actual temperature - 7 degrees - but without wind, it wasn't too bad once we got moving.

In the afternoon, Tom and I drove to a car dealership in Connecticut to check out an SUV I saw online. I need something bigger than my little blue car (a Ford Focus) and have been looking at/researching cars online for a while. We took a Hyundai Santa Fe for a strange test drive (strange because of the two trainees that rode in the back seat, not because of the car) and then went to grab lunch at a place called Widow Brown's (they have really good fries) and talk about the car.

I ended up trading my car in and going home with a new (used) car! Buying cars takes forever, even when everything goes smoothly, so we ended up leaving with just enough time for Tom to drop me off at a house I was babysitting at. I didn't get home until after midnight.

I failed to take any pictures of the car, and now it's snowing, so I'm not going to today.

This morning we had two showings of the townhouse, so we took Buddy over to hang out at Tom's parent's house for a while. We have had a decent number of people looking at the house, so hopefully something happens soon.

This afternoon we were out and about doing some shopping (Target, Gap, the grocery store), and now we're finally relaxing and watching tv. It's been a busy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Which car did you get? My sister has a Santa fe and loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a 2012 Santa Fe, and I'm really liking it so far!

      Delete
  2. I swear buying a car is so stressful. Congrats! Great news on all the showings too. Hopefully the townhouse will move soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new car!! I bet Buddy will love the extra space. It's for him, right? :) I hope you sell your house soon w/ all of these showings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely for Buddy ;) Fingers crossed that someone makes an offer soon, at least all these showings are promising!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...