Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mile Repeats and More Mud

I've been all over the place the last few days.  

Thursday's speedwork got pushed to Friday, and I almost didn't run at all. But, as usual, I'm glad I did. I ran 6 miles total, including a 1 mile warm-up, 3 x 1600 @ 7:54 with 800m jogs and a 1 mile cool down. 

I was pretty psyched to get my repeats under an 8:00 pace - as an added bonus, I didn't even want to die at the end! :)

Buddy was a little sleepy and napped while I ran.


This morning I was up dark and early to meet up with the group to run. I started off with some coffee and toast with peanut butter and banana.


It was 38 degrees and raining for our run, but compared to the negative wind chills we've gotten used to, it wasn't too bad out. Plus, there's something fun about running in the mud and rain, once you just commit to being drenched.

We ran a slightly shorter loop than usual, since a lot of the trails are still covered in ice/snow. 5.8 muddy miles at a 9:18 pace.

Buddy is enjoying the fact that some of the snow is finally gone.


With the snow melting we can finally see the damage the plow guy did over the winter. Looks like we need some new curbs.


This afternoon I helped assemble swag bags for the Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon. I'm not running it this year, but since my running club (Rivertown Runners) puts it on, I wanted to help out. We had a bunch of people show up, so stuffing 1,000 bags went pretty quickly. Plus we got to have pizza. There's nothing like carbs to get runners to show up!

2 comments:

  1. I always show up for free food! :)

    Your speed work is super impressive! Hoping to get there someday soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free food is the best, isn't it?

      My speed work has made some crazy strides in the last year - apparently consistency in training really makes a difference ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...