Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Muddy Buddy

Buddy and I had to be out of the house for 2 hours today for more house selling shenanigans. Lucky for us, the weather has gotten better, and it was in the upper 40s this afternoon.

This is the look I got when I made him sit in the snow.


We headed to Rockefeller for a while. The paths were either still snow-covered and slushy, or really muddy. We walked the slushy parts and ran the muddy parts. Buddy was having a blast!


Sometimes we run home from the mailbox or the dumpster and when I tell Buddy to "go, go, go!" he spins around and grabs the leash to drag me back to the house. I told him to "go, go, go!" during a particularly muddy part of the path today so he would go faster.


Instead I ended up standing in the mud cracking up at my crazy dog.

We were a little muddy by the time we got back to the car.


 And Buddy was a little tired.


We had a couple of bananas just begging to be turned into banana bread, and some mini chocolate chips may have made their way into the batter.


Don't mind if I do!

9 comments:

  1. My Labrador ended up like this the other day. I wanted to take her for a walk but forgot about all the mud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either ice or mud lately, but mud seems to be a step toward spring, so I'll take it!

      Delete
  2. That banana bread must've smelled DEVINE. Hope Buddy got a few crumbs, I could not resist that face of his!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, my name is Tara, I just found your blog through HRG! Looks like a fun day! What is that car mat that your dog is sitting in? Is it a seatbelt or just a cover for the seat? I ask bc we have 2 boxer mixes and will soon be doing long weekend drives, and looking for some safe seatbelts for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara! I refer to that as Buddy's car hammock. It keeps the seat clean and also keeps him from falling into the foot well. He's so good in the car, he lays down most of the time.

      Delete
  4. I hope that your house sells soon...leaving for so long must get old, especially since you have to take Buddy! That is definitely a lot of mud. At least that means the snow's gone right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally have an offer on the house, so that's the first step! :) It's a pain to keep the dog out of the house, especially with the crazy cold weather we've been having. The snow is finally melting, but there's still some sticking around for now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...