Saturday, March 28, 2015

Oops

I missed my final run before the race.

I was supposed to have one last short mile repeat session on Thursday, but I ended up taking a nap instead. Kicking this cold seemed more important than getting that last run in. I decided that I wasn't going to make any huge gains with one more run anyway, but now I feel a little off. I haven't run since Wednesday, and I'm not going to run until tomorrow morning at the race. We'll see how that goes.

I can't even begin to set a time goal for tomorrow. It's the hilliest race I've ever run, and I haven't raced since October.

Our hope (a couple of my much faster weekend running buddies are also running) was that we wouldn't have to wear jackets for the race, but it's looking like it will be in the upper 20s when the gun goes off. Jackets and gloves it is.

Buddy loves when I sit on the floor.


Please ignore my half-closed eyes and focus on how cute this dog face is.


He's pretty sure he's a tiny little lap dog.


And some cool fog from the other day.


Now I'm off to finish some laundry, figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow and keep myself busy so I don't just sit here and think about the terrible, terrible hills.

4 comments:

  1. That fog pic is awesome!! Love the pics of Buddy, as always. GOOD LUCK at your race! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely a challenging one!

      Delete
  2. I think Walkers are going to appear from out of that fog. Hope Buddy can handle them. :)

    Can't wait to hear all about the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Buddy would hide behind me if there were walkers coming out of that fog! He's such a chicken!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...