Thursday, March 19, 2015

Apparently Consistent Training Helps

Think winter is over? The weather has other plans.


We're supposed to get another 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow. And it was almost all melted off too! On the bright side, it's not supposed to stick around. 

Today's run was a tempo. I started off watching netflix and ended up playing angry music (think Linkin Park) instead. I needed loud music to keep me going. This is how it played out: 1 mile warm up, 4 miles @ 7:54, 1 mile cool down. I was definitely ready to stop when I hit my miles, but I was still feeling strong

I spent some time looking at my training plans from my races last year, and I can't get over how much faster my average pace is! My tempos were 9:30-10:00 miles - it's amazing what consistent training can do!

Something about this week is making me constantly hungry. It's not like I suddenly increased my mileage or anything, but I'm just hungry ALL. THE. TIME.

Since my mom complained about the lack of Buddy pictures yesterday, here's a picture of him surveying the yard in the sunshine.


And then he got tangled in his leash.


10 days until the West Point Half Marathon! 

6 comments:

  1. A lil' gangsta rap to get through those tough miles is necessary sometimes!

    Maybe you have the taper munchies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is so motivating!

      All I know is I want all the food all the time :) I can only imagine the hunger that's going to hit when I'm training for a full later this year!

      Delete
  2. You've gotten SO MUCH faster! Oh my gosh!! You give me hope because I am about what your old speed was...on the treadmill I'm comfortable anywhere in the 9's but the 8's make me wanna heave. I just need to be more consistent, I know. Saying it is easy but doing it isn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's crazy! I've never maintained my training for this long - previously I would run a race and then take months off. I find having races to plan for really keeps me motivated.

      Delete
  3. that is great progress Becky!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to really be able to see my progress by looking back at the blog :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...