Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Traffic and New Shoes

This is from yesterday afternoon, but I forgot to post it. 


It was a pretty afternoon. Apparently most of the neighborhood down the hill from us lost power from the wind last night - guess we lucked out!

Traffic around here is so unpredictable. If I leave with what I think is "plenty of time" then I'm almost always a few minutes late. And if I leave super early, I hit no traffic and end up sitting in my car for 15 minutes. I mean, there are spots where there's always traffic (why is merging so hard for people?), but in general it's really hit and miss.

I have been really good about not buying more running shoes lately, but several of my favorites are reaching their mileage limit. Since I've been doing plenty of research (aka endlessly perusing shoe websites), I found a good deal and gave myself the go ahead to get a new pair.

They got here this afternoon!


They're Altra Superior 1.5s, and they're really cute.


They're my first pair of Altras, so I'm excited to try them out. They are zero drop and have a foot shaped toe box - so much freedom for your toes!


They're technically trail shoes, so I'll definitely have to take them outside soon :)

I went against their nature and ran an easy 4 miles on the treadmill this afternoon - I like them so far, new shoes are one of my favorite things!

Have you tried Altras before? Are you loyal to a certain brand of shoes?

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh there was grass under all that snow?

    Those shoes are cu-ute! Love the colors! They'll definitely make you go fast, I can already tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love the colors! I am really excited to take them out on the trails - plus I have a trail 10k next month that they should be awesome for.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the new shoes!! Isn't it hard to take shiny bright shoes out on a trail? I know they're made for it, but still. So painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that first run where new shoes get dirty, but after the first splash I'm good to go :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...