Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow, Peanut Butter and a Tempo Run

Our "heat wave" was short lived - it snowed again today. The snow was wet and the roads were a mess. I spent a lot of time yelling about drivers who had no business on the road. Please take your convertible that you didn't bother to clear the snow off of back home if you're not comfortable going any faster than 5mph. Thankyouverymuch.

I had a much more successful tempo run today. There were still a couple of breaks, but that was because I can't drink water on the treadmill without spilling half of it. I ran 6 miles with 4 @ 8:00 pace. I'm pretty happy with that.

Buddy is perfecting his invisibility game. I came upstairs from my run to find him impersonating a pillow.


Nothing to see here, move along.

There was a ton of old ice building up in the freezer, so I decided to put it to good use by taking an ice bath. And then I had to add hot water because it was so cold that it instantly caused physical pain and there was no way I was sitting down with it that cold. It was still plenty unpleasant, so I feel like it did its job.


I think my fitbit is confused. I'm not sure how I ran 6 miles and only have 9 active minutes.


And let's not talk about how many of these I ate today:


Now that I think about it, I've had a lot of peanut butter today. I had some at breakfast on toast, some with an apple for a snack and an unknown number of peanut butter m&m's. I'm a peanut butter lover, I haven't joined the masses of almond butter lovers yet. I've tried it, it just isn't my favorite.

Are you on the almond butter bandwagon?

7 comments:

  1. I envy your jetted tub! We were suppose to get snow today but not one flake dropped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're saying we're done with snow now, but I'll believe it when I see it! :)

      Delete
  2. Snow is so foreign to me now! Maybe next year:) An ice bath sounds like the polar plunge...brrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think it's so weird that you guys are so much warmer than we are!

      Delete
  3. I haven't found an almond butter that I love as much as PB. It just isn't as creamy.

    I love that you did 9.5 miles in just a few minutes. Airplane! LOL! I wonder why your Fitbit was confused. I can't even wrap my head around an ice bath. I am 100% positive I'd die of a heart attack right then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me, I feel like everyone is in love with almond butter!

      Ice baths are pretty much terrible, but they do seem to make me less sore, so they happen from time to time.

      Delete
    2. Too bad you can't give yourself temporary anesthesia during the ice bath. LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...